Brent Smith, Ph.D.
Brent Smith is an Associate Professor of Marketing and Director of the University's Office of Fellowships. He primarily teaches courses in international marketing, marketing strategy, and marketing ethics. He combines his expertise in marketing management with his real-world international experiences to offer an exciting and innovative classroom experience at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels. Since joining the University, he has created a variety of new courses, including Marketing Ethics, International Marketing Research, and Quantitative Methods for International Marketing Management.
Dr. Smith's research focuses on the role of culture in marketing ethics, marketing channels, sales management, and leadership. His work appears in various scholarly outlets, such as Psychology & Marketing, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Marketing Channels, Advances in International Management, Marketing Education Review, andJournal of Business-to-Business Marketing.
- Ph.D., Marketing, Drexel University
- M.B.A., Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Tulane University
- B.S., Economics, Xavier University of New Orleans
- B.A., German, Xavier University of New Orleans
- Marketing Strategy
- International Marketing
- International Marketing Research
- Quantitative Methods for International Marketing Management
- Creating and Measuring Customer Value
- Marketing Ethics
- International Marketing Study Tours (China and Japan)
- Marketing Concepts
Marketing Ethics, Sales Management, Marketing Channels, International Marketing
Mentioned in SJU News
SJU Magazine, Spring 2013
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Marketing Strategy, International Marketing, Ethics, Cross-Cultural Issues, Arts & Entertainment