George A. Lutzow
Office: Mandeville 332
George is a human capital management practitioner with over 30 years of industry experience with a Fortune 100 organization. He has been teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level since 2009. As an educator he has an unwavering commitment to unlock the potential that lies in his students.
A strategic, innovative and pragmatic executive, he has guided students, clients, leadership teams and senior executives to achieve exceptional results. With extensive experience in strategic planning, organization development, change management, transformation, talent management, leadership development, employee engagement and executive coaching, he is committed to linking research and practical application with performance.
M.S. – University of Pennsylvania, Dynamics of Organization (with Honors) 1992
B.S. – Drexel University, Business Administration 1972
Saint Joseph’s University
- Visiting Instructor – Management Department - August 2013 to present
- Adjunct Instructor – Management Department - January 2012 to August 2013
Teaching Experience – 2012 to present
- MGT 572 - Leadership and Executive Development I – Executive MBA
- MGT 573 - Leadership and Advanced Executive Development II - Executive MBA
- MGT 574 - Teams I – Executive MBA
- MGT 510 - Empowering Human Potential at Work – MBA
- MGT 500 - Managing Work Organizations – MBA
- BUS 495 - Business Policy
- MGT 120 - Essentials of Management
Saint Joseph’s University – Committee Service – 2013 to present
- Business Policy Taskforce
- Executive MBA Admissions Committee
- Human Capital Management Admissions Committee
Academy of Food Marketing – Educational Advisory Committee – 2010 to present
Delaware Valley College
Adjunct Instructor – MBA Program - 2009 to 2013
- Human Resource Management – MBA Program
- Deans’ Advisory Committee – MBA Chair
CMR (Certified Medical Representatives)
Board Member and Chair of the Executive Review and Compensation Committee
2011 to present
- CMR is a non-profit organization, located in Roanoke, VA., providing educational resources to the pharmaceutical and health care industry
ASTD - Philadelphia
- Currently servicing on the “Learning and Development Department of the Year Award” steering committee; developing an annual, regional competition to identify the BEST in learning and development
GPSEG (Greater Philadelphia Senior Executive Group)
- Currently servicing on the Mentoring Committee as an Ambassador Coordinator.
February 2011 to present
- Principal of management consultancy focused on business strategy, leadership and organization development plus executive coaching
Education Director (HR/OD/HRD) – Supervalu/Acme Markets
2006 – 2011
- Responsible for the development of the leadership team. Focused on leadership development, organization development/effectiveness, change management and the creation of an experiential learning culture. Provided significant consulting in the areas of performance management, customer service, business transformation and strategic planning.
Regional Director Education and Development – Albertsons/Acme Markets
- Multi-division responsibility covering five northeastern states plus Florida. Additional accomplishments focused on the introduction of Action Science field coaching for Albertsons/Texas.
Director HR Development – American Stores/Acme Markets
1989 to 2002
- Led a multi-disciplined team responsible for talent management, succession planning, performance management, leadership development, recruiting, employee communications and video communications. Created a unique multi-pronged organization development concept, the “Store of the Year”.
Director Employee Development – Acme Markets
1986 - 1989
- Responsible for leading a robust, joint labor-management, Quality of Work Life initiative in over 100 locations, with 5 union locals. Significantly impacted performance, service, safety, workers compensation and community out-reach.
Manager Training Services – Acme Markets
1980 – 1986
- Created a comprehensive field based skill training system. Led a team of professionals who created over 20 new programs, ensuring the development of a quality bench to fill organizational needs.
- Award winning video producer/writer recognized with a “Classic Telly”, a national industrial television award, for “Five Star Service”.