Ilene Warner, Ph.D. RN NHA FCPP
Assistant Professor, Director of Interdisciplinary Health Services
Office: Post Hall 110
Dr. Warner-Maron is a registered nurse and licensed nursing home administrator and holds certifications in gerontological nursing, wound care and assisted living administration. She has devoted over 30 years to the care of older adults along the continuum of care from home and community based services, to assisted living/personal care to hospitals, hospice and in nursing home settings. She is currently a Fellow in the College of Physicians in Philadelphia and services on the board of directors for a number of non-profit organizations include the Eastern Pennsylvania Geriatrics Society, the Alzheimer’s Disease Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania and the Community Advisory Board for the University of the Sciences Health Policy and Public Health programs.
1980- Albert Einstein Medical Center School of Nursing
1983-Philadelphia University- BS in Sociology
1985-U of Pennsylvania MA in Social Gerontology
1989-SJU Post-Masters in Health Administration
1995-Bryn Mawr College Masters in Law and Social Policy
2007-University of the Sciences PhD in Health Policy
- 2012- present: assistant professor in interdisciplinary health services, St. Joseph’s University;
- 2011-2012- adjunct instructor in masters program-health administration, St. Joseph’s University
- 2005-2012-adjunct instructor in social sciences and health care business and policy, University of the Sciences
- 2002-2012-adjuct instructor in the legal nurse certification program and risk management program, University of Delaware
- 2003-2009-Research nurse for Administration on Aging (AoA) grant examining the role of nursing on caregivers of older Philadelphians.
- 2004-2008-University of Pennsylvania Health System-provide nursing and administrative services for hospice, LIFE Program, and skilled nursing center at Presbyterian Medical Center. Acting director of nursing of hospice and skilled nursing center.
- 2002-2004- University of Pennsylvania Center for Biostatistics and Epidemiology-gerontologist for funded study of medication safety
- 2000-2001- University of Pennsylvania Center for Biostatistics and Epidemiology-research assistant for study on the epidemiology of hospital acquired pressure ulcers
- 1995-present Institute for Continuing Education and Research (ICER) providing education for students seeking licensure as nursing home administrators
- 1998-present- Alden Geriatric Consultants- providing consultation in the area of geriatric nursing, nursing home administrator, assisted living administration, home health care and wound care.
- I.H.S. 110- Psychosocial Aspects of Illness
- I.H.S. 211- Health Care Rights and Responsibilities
- I.H.S. 276- The Continuum of Adult Health
- I.H.S. 256- HIV/AIDS
- I.H.S. 252- Health Policy
- I.H.S. 323- Health and Society
- I.H.S. 485- Senior Capstone
- HAD 559- Health Policy
Annals of Long-Term Care- Editorial Board 2013-present
Ilene Warner. “Telehealth Applications in Home Health Care.” Home Healthcare Nurse. Oct. 1996. 790-796.
Ilene Warner. “Telemedicine Applications for Geriatric Care Management.” Journal of Geriatric Care Management. Fall, 1996. P 20-23.
Ilene Warner. “Whose Liability Was This, Anyway?” Home Health Insights. Jan/Feb. 1997 Vol 2 Issue 1. p 8-9.
Ilene Warner and Raymond Albert. “Avoiding Legal Land Mines in Home Health Care Nursing.” Home Health Care Management and Practice. 1997. Vol. 9 No. 6, p. 8-16.
Ilene Warner and Raymond Albert. “Liability for Neglect in Nursing Homes.” Law and Social Work Practice: A Legal Systems Approach 2nd Ed by Raymond Albert. Springer, 2000.
Ilene Warner, “Nursing and Long Term Care Concerns of Foot Care in the Elderly.” In Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery: Foot Care for the Elderly: Podiatric Assessment, Education and Prevention 20 (2003) pp. 383-394. Edited by Arthur E. Helfand, DPM, Elesvier Science.
Ilene Warner-Maron. HIV Testing and Prevention for Older Adults: Is the Office the Proper Setting for Discussion? Clinical Geriatrics Vol. 16 No. 18, August 2008 pp. 26-32.
Ilene Warner-Maron. “Assessing the Quality of Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facilities.” 11th Annual Legal Issues in an Age of Aging. Pennsylvania Bar Institute Philadelphia, PA. 2009.
Grants and Awards
Received the Nancy Tatem Memorial Award for Nursing Excellence from the Eastern PA Geriatrics Society (2002).
2010 Special Award for Contributions to the Eastern Pennsylvania Geriatrics Society
2011 Inducted as a Fellow in the College of Physicians in Philadelphia (FCPP)
Submitted NIH grant as co-PI with Allen Glicksman, PhD., Philadelphia Corporation on Aging. Environmental factors and social capital issues of caregivers of older adults in Philadelphia.
US Health and Human Services, Philadelphia Corporation on Aging. Development of parallel educational programs for older adults and their primary care providers regarding HIV/AIDS prevention.