Karen McDougal, Ph.D.
Discipline Taught: Accounting
Office: MV 382
- Temple University, PhD Accounting
- Widener University, 2002 MBA - Taxation
- Temple University, 1990, BBA Accounting
Saint Joseph’s University – Instructor – 2006-2007
Temple University – Instructor – 2002-2005
Senior Accountant –Financial Reporting – Providian Corporation (1995 – 1997)
Senior Auditor – The Devereux Foundation (1993 -1995)
Senior Financial Analyst – J.P. Morgan & Company (1992 – 1993)
Senior Auditor – Mitchell & Titus, LLP (1991-1992)
Staff Auditor – Laventhol & Horwath, CPA’s (1990)
- Spring 2008 Financial Accounting Information Systems II (FAIS II)
- Fall 2007 Financial Accounting Information Systems I (FAIS I)
- Spring 2007 Financial Accounting Information Systems II (FAIS II)
- Fall 2006 Financial Accounting Information Systems I (FAIS I)
“International Diversification and Financial Reporting Quality - The Impact of Audit Quality”, Presented at the 2012 American Accounting Association International Accounting Section Mid-Year Conference (published).
McDowell, E. A., Li, W., & McDougal, K. H. (in press, 2009). Introduction to Compilation Services as a Reinforcement of Basic Accounting Concepts for Intermediate Accounting Students. Journal of Business Case Studies, 5 (5), 9-18.
“International Diversification and Auditor Reporting”, with Jayanthi Krishnan, Temple University, Presented at the 2005 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting – San Francisco, CA, August 2005.