Director, Education Unit Online Programs; Adjunct Faculty
Office: 285 Merion Hall
Phone: (610) 660-3285
I have always been an early adopter of technology. Even when technology has not worked quite as advertised, I have a drive and passion to figure it out! As the Director of the Education Online Unit, I want to help students achieve their goals through the coursework that we offer. I've had a long career in public education before coming to Saint Joseph’s University.
At Arcadia University I served as adjunct professor and an online instructional design specialist, for the School District of Springfield Township (Montgomery county) I served as the Interim Elementary Principal at Enfield Elementary, the Elementary Technology Coordinator, the Summer Staff Development Coordinator, as well as two terms as the teachers' union president. For the School District of Philadelphia, I was a Teaching and Learning Network Facilitator for Science and Technology at the Strawberry Mansion Cluster, a Coordinator of the Adaptive Learning Environments Model for the L.P. Hill School. I have been a Special Education teacher and a Special Ed. Liaison for the School District of Philadelphia.
I enjoy traveling, our Sealyham terrier, but mostly I enjoy acquiring and using new technology!
- M.Ed., Educational Administration, Cheyney University, Cheyney, Pennsylvania, June 1996
- Fellow, Department of Research in Human Development, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 1993
- B.S., Elementary Education, Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, December 1976, Graduate Certification: Mentally and/or Physically Handicapped Education, May 1982
- Pennsylvania Administrative I, Elementary Principal Certification
- Project 2061 Resource Analysis Leader
- Adaptive Learning Environments Model Trainer
- Pennsylvania Instructional Support Team Trainer
- Pennsylvania Instructional II, Certification in Elementary and Mentally and/or Physically Handicapped
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer
EDU560- Using Technology for Instruction and Assessment
ITS640- Technology Planning Across the Curriculum
ITS620- Multimedia Productions
ITS605- Technology Applications for the Classroom
ITS615- Interactive and Emerging Technologies
SPE630- Design and Technologies for Differentiated Instruction
EDU535C- Using Technology Effectively in the Classroom
ITS655- Delivering Instruction Using Interactive Peripherals