Maria Marsilio, Ph.D.
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
Dr. Marsilio serves as faculty advisor for all majors in Latin and Classics.
Dr. Marsilio regularly teaches Beginning Latin, Intermediate Latin, Beginning Ancient Greek, and Intermediate Ancient Greek. In addition, she offers a wide variety of upper-division Latin courses (Historiography, Epic Poetry, Lyric Poetry, Oratory, Drama, Silver and Golden Age Latin Literature). She also teaches Sexuality and Gender in the Ancient World for the Honors Program.
Her teaching and research interests include:
- Greek Epic (Homer and Hesiod)
- Greek Lyric, Elegiac, and Iambic Poetry
- Roman Lyric Poetry (Catullus and Horace)
- Greek and Roman Drama and Society
- Sexuality and Gender in Greece and Rome
- Poverty and Hunger in Antiquity