Michael James Ford
Discipline Taught: International Marketing
Over twenty-six years of experience in all phases of export and import transportation and logistics. Began career in company's management training program and was promoted into increasingly responsible growth positions. High-energy and result-oriented individual with excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Active member of the faculty at Saint Joseph's University, teaching a graduate program on International Logistics.
- TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA, BA, Business Administration, 1979
- Continuing education and personal development in the evolving international world of banking and trade regulations and supply chain management through CLM.
- Active Board member of the Mid-Atlantic District Export Council, and NCITD (National Council in International Trade Development).
BDP International, Inc. Philadelphia, PA June 1979 - Present
Vice President, Corporate Compliance & Quality
Primary corporate accountabilities included delivering and administering a Corporate Regulatory Compliance Program; developing integrated solutions in the area of Supply Chain Management to the corporation's clients; directing operations in a Operational Excellence Program, designed to improve operational skills. Report directly to President. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Directing import and export processes with US Government regulations.
- Establishing and delivering a corporate training program to ensure that employees are kept trained and kept current with U.S. Regulations.
- Organized a corporate group of professionals to assure regulatory compliance by corporate offices, clients and partners through policy, and advice.
- Creation of a corporate file audit to keep operations compliant while initiating and supporting efficient, cost-effective practices for both import and export operations.
Vice President, Corporate Ocean Export & Corporate Compliance
- Directed all corporate ocean export operations.
- Developed resources from within the operation along with hiring new personnel to achieve the results set forth from existing and new clients.
- Established the corporate export-training program to assist in educating the staff in all facets of the business.
- Initiated various work groups to study processes with the incentive to achieve efficient work processes to meet our desired results of greater customer service.
- Worked with several of the Corporation's top 10 clients in developing and delivering solutions in the area of systems and supply chains
- Developed the proper measurement tools for work productivity levels and instituted solutions to increase revenue. Instrumental in developing process logic in an export system to meet all U.S governmental legislative and regulatory requirements as well as the changing needs of the industry and clients.
- Administered a budget totaling over 8 million dollars of revenue. Planned, budgeted, and directed the growth in accounts, personnel, and expenditures according to the direction of COO. Increased annual growth steadily on an average of 6% to 8%.
Director, Corporate Ocean Export
- Worked with the corporation's top ocean clients in the area of day to day order processing
- Develop the ocean export system required to deliver paperless transactions to many of the clients' daily needs.
Manager, Corporate Ocean Export
- Worked with corporation Top Ocean client in directing the movement of goods from various shipping points throughout the global marketplace.
- Coordinated with local sales office to develop new and current client base for growth and expansion of business.
Supervisor, Corporate Ocean Export
- Worked with the corporation's Top Ocean client in developing system solutions to handle the day to day order processing.
- Develop an internal staff members to handle all facets of international transaction