Millicent C. Feske, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Director of Graduate Theology Program
Specializations: Contemporary Christian Theologies, Feminist and Liberation Theologies
Office: Bellarmine 211
- B.S., 1975, Centenary College of Louisiana
- M. Div., 1980, Candler School of Theology, Emory University
- Ph.D., 1992, Emory University.
Program director, M.A. in Theology and Society; Member of The American Academy of Religion and the Louisiana Conference of the United Methodist Church (retired from full connection).
- “Rachel’s Lament: Pastoral Theology and Pastoral Care with Those Experiencing Infertility and Pregnancy Loss,” Journal of Pastoral Theology, 22/1 (2012): 3.1-3.17.
- "Feminist Theologies and the Possibility of God Talk," Quarterly Review 22/2 (Summer 2002): 138-152.
- “Christ and Suffering in Moltmann,” The Asbury Theological Journal55/1 (Spring 2000): 85-104.
- “History, Hermeneutics, and the Historical Jesus,” Quarterly Review 19/2 (Summer 1999): 115-133.
- “Mistaking Death for Life: Thelma and Louise and Tashi and the Christian Construction of Redemption,” The Journal of Religion and Abuse: Advocacy, Pastoral Care and Prevention 1/1(1999): 15-35.
Contemporary interpretations of Jesus as Christ and meanings of salvation, with particular attention to feminist and liberation Christologies; feminist theology; utopia and imagination; infertility and pregnancy loss as theological issues; Karl Rahner's theological anthropology; writing as a spiritual practice.
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Educational Leadership
Expertise: Executive Education, Business Strategy, Organization Development, Port Authority Issues, Ireland and Chile, Photography, Landscape and Travel
Expertise: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Collegiate Athletic Management
Expertise: Religion in Pop Culture, Religion in Television/Feature Film/Literature, Social Justice
Expertise: Fire Management and Prevention, Emergency and Disaster Management, Public Administration Policy, Local Government
Expertise: Service Quality, Organizational Development and Effectiveness, Quality Improvement, Team Building, Local Health Care, Customer Service
Expertise: France, French Culture, Contemporary French-Speaking World, Literature in French, 19th-Century French History
Expertise: Psychology of Religion, Prosocial Behavior, Ethical Behavior, Altruism, Moral Development
Expertise: Food Marketing, Consumer food shopping trends, Food company strategy, Supermarket practices
Expertise: Mexican History and Politics, Latin American History, U.S. Policy toward Latin America
Expertise: American Zoos, American Pop Culture, Environmental History, Animal Studies
Expertise: Food Retailing, Hunger and Hunger Relief