Ms. Shawn Madison Krahmer, Ph.D.
- B.S., 1981, University of Illinois
- M.Div., 1984, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- A.M., 1987, University of Chicago
- Ph.D., 1995, University of Chicago.
Associate Dean for Humanities 8/2014 to present Saint Joseph’s University, College of Arts and Sciences Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Associate Professor of Historical Theology 8/2001 to present St. Joseph's University, Department of Theology Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Assistant Professor of Historical Theology 8/95 to 8/2001 St. Joseph's University, Department of Theology Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Research Assistant 7/92 to 10/94 and 7/89 to 7/91 Professor Bernard McGinn University of Chicago Chicago, Illinois
Database Manager, University Intellectual Property 6/88 to 8/95 Office of Special Projects University of Chicago Chicago, Illinois
- “Redemptive Suffering: The Life of Alice of Schaerbeek in a contemporary Context,” in Juanita Ruys and Louise D’Arcens, eds.,Maistresse of My Wit: Medieval Women, Modern Scholars(Turnhout, Belgium: Brepols, 2004), 267-93. Making the Middle Ages Series.
- "Adam, Eve, and Original Sin in the Works of Bernard of Clairvaux,"Cistercian Studies Quarterly, 37/1 (January 2002): 3-12.
- “Loving ‘in God:’ An Examination of the Hierarchical Aspects of theOrdo Caritatis in Bernard of Clairvaux and Aelred of Rievaulx,”American Benedictine Review 50/1 (1999): 74-93.
History of Christian Theology, Christian Spiritual Pathways, Christian Mysticism, Gender studies
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Christian Spirituality, Historical Theology