Paul F. Aspan, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Academic and Faculty Support
Specialization: New Testament
Office: Barbelin 113-B
- B.A., 1974, University of Notre Dame
- M. A., 1976, Yale Divinity School
- M.A., 1984, Ph.D., 1990, Vanderbilt University
Associate Professor; Member of the American Academy of Religion, The Catholic Biblical Association of America; The College Theology Society, The Society of Biblical Literature
- “After the Facts: Active Learning Pedagogies and Alternative Student Evaluation in the Undergraduate Biblical Studies Classroom,” Journal of Teaching Theology and Religion, 3/3 (2000): 133-151.
- “The Marginal Fool: The Role of Theology in Jesuit Higher Education” in Martin Tripole, S. J., ed, Jesuit Education 21: Conference Proceedings on the Future of Jesuit Higher Education (Philadelphia: Saint Joseph’s University Press, 2000): 161-165.
- “Eyes on Ethics.” Review Article of four books in America, 180/17 (May 15, 1999): 25-27.
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Educational Leadership
Expertise: Executive Education, Business Strategy, Organization Development, Port Authority Issues, Ireland and Chile, Photography, Landscape and Travel
Expertise: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Collegiate Athletic Management
Expertise: Religion in Pop Culture, Religion in Television/Feature Film/Literature, Social Justice
Expertise: Fire Management and Prevention, Emergency and Disaster Management, Public Administration Policy, Local Government
Expertise: Service Quality, Organizational Development and Effectiveness, Quality Improvement, Team Building, Local Health Care, Customer Service
Expertise: France, French Culture, Contemporary French-Speaking World, Literature in French, 19th-Century French History
Expertise: Psychology of Religion, Prosocial Behavior, Ethical Behavior, Altruism, Moral Development
Expertise: Food Marketing, Consumer food shopping trends, Food company strategy, Supermarket practices
Expertise: Mexican History and Politics, Latin American History, U.S. Policy toward Latin America
Expertise: American Zoos, American Pop Culture, Environmental History, Animal Studies
Expertise: Food Retailing, Hunger and Hunger Relief