Paul F. Aspan, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Academic and Faculty Support
Specialization: New Testament
Office: Barbelin 113-B
- B.A., 1974, University of Notre Dame
- M. A., 1976, Yale Divinity School
- M.A., 1984, Ph.D., 1990, Vanderbilt University
Associate Professor; Member of the American Academy of Religion, The Catholic Biblical Association of America; The College Theology Society, The Society of Biblical Literature
- “After the Facts: Active Learning Pedagogies and Alternative Student Evaluation in the Undergraduate Biblical Studies Classroom,” Journal of Teaching Theology and Religion, 3/3 (2000): 133-151.
- “The Marginal Fool: The Role of Theology in Jesuit Higher Education” in Martin Tripole, S. J., ed, Jesuit Education 21: Conference Proceedings on the Future of Jesuit Higher Education (Philadelphia: Saint Joseph’s University Press, 2000): 161-165.
- “Eyes on Ethics.” Review Article of four books in America, 180/17 (May 15, 1999): 25-27.
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Religiously Oriented Violence and Terrorism, Fundamentalism, New Testament, Academic Freedom in Catholic Universities, Innovative Teaching Methods