Robert R. Daniel Jr., Ph.D.
Office: Bellarmine 305; Bellarmine 111
- Ph.D., French, Vanderbilt University, 1992.
- M.A., French, University of Alabama, 1988.
- B.A., Communications, University of Alabama, 1983.
Dr. Daniel regularly teaches Intermediate French, French Conversation, French Composition, Selections in French Literature and a wide variety of upper-division courses in French and Francophone Studies (e.g. French Poetry, French Romanticism, The Francophone Press, Contemporary Francophone Cinema, Economic and Business French). He also teaches First-Year Seminars and Honors courses in English.
- French Romanticism
- The political, social, religious and intellectual history of the July Monarchy (1830-1848)
- Lesser-known and non-canonical authors of the nineteenth century (e.g. the "Petits Romantiques")
- Theories of canonicity and canon formation
- The work of Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867), especially Les Fleurs du Mal
- The life and work of writer Edouard Ourliac (1813-1848)
- The daily and weekly press of mid-nineteenth-century Paris
- Contemporary information and entertainment media in French (film, print and audiovisual news media, internet)
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Educational Leadership
Expertise: Executive Education, Business Strategy, Organization Development, Port Authority Issues, Ireland and Chile, Photography, Landscape and Travel
Expertise: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Collegiate Athletic Management
Expertise: Religion in Pop Culture, Religion in Television/Feature Film/Literature, Social Justice
Expertise: Fire Management and Prevention, Emergency and Disaster Management, Public Administration Policy, Local Government
Expertise: Service Quality, Organizational Development and Effectiveness, Quality Improvement, Team Building, Local Health Care, Customer Service
Expertise: France, French Culture, Contemporary French-Speaking World, Literature in French, 19th-Century French History
Expertise: Psychology of Religion, Prosocial Behavior, Ethical Behavior, Altruism, Moral Development
Expertise: Food Marketing, Consumer food shopping trends, Food company strategy, Supermarket practices
Expertise: Mexican History and Politics, Latin American History, U.S. Policy toward Latin America
Expertise: American Zoos, American Pop Culture, Environmental History, Animal Studies
Expertise: Food Retailing, Hunger and Hunger Relief