Sangcheol Song, Ph.D.
Office: Mandeville 356
Phone: (610) 660-2241
Fax: (610) 660-1229
- Cultural Diversity and International business (undergraduate)
- Introduction to International Business (undergraduate)
- International Management (undergraduate)
- Business Policy (Undergraduate)
- International Management (MBA)
- Global Business Strategy (MBA)
- Managing International Strategic Alliances (MBA)
* Corresponding author
Selected SSCI Journal Articles
- Lee S, Song S*. 2012. Host country uncertainty, intra-MNC production shifts, and subsidiary performance. Strategic Management Journal, 33(11): 1331-1340.
- Zeng Y, Shenkar O, Lee S-H, Song S. 2013. Cultural differences, the MNE's learning ability, and the effect of experience on subsidiary mortality in a dissimilar culture: Evidence from Korean MNEs. Journal of International Business Studies, 44(1): 41-65.
- Zeng Y, Shenkar O, Song S, Lee S-H. 2013. FDI experience and subsidiary mortality: Differences in national culture and the expansion of Korean MNEs. Management International Review, 53(3): 477-509.
- Song S. 2013. FDI structure, investment specificity, and multinational flexibility value under market uncertainty. Management International Review , 53(6): 795-817.
- Lee S-H, Peng MW, Song S*. 2013. Governments, entrepreneurs, and positive externalities: A real options perspective. European Management Journal, 31: 333-347.
- Song S. 2014. Investment irreversibility and longevity of MNC foreign subsidiaries: The moderating effect of host market uncertainty. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 31(2): 455-471
- Song S. 2014. Foreign subsidiary divestment: The role of multinational flexibility. Management International Review, 54(1): 47-70.
- Song S. 2014. Unfavorable market conditions, Institutional and financial development, and exits of small foreign subsidiaries. Journal of International Management, 203: 279-289.
- Song S, Makhija M, Lee S-H. 2014. Within-country growth options vs. Across-country switching options in foreign direct investments. Global Strategy Journal, 4: 127-142.
- Song S, Lee S-H, Makhija M. Operational hedging in foreign direct investment under volatile and divergent exchange rates across countries. Journal of World Business, Forthcoming.
- Park Y-R, Song S*, Choe S, Paik Y. Gaining legitimacy in international business: Strategic corporate social responsibility of multinational corporations. Journal of Business Ethics, forthcoming.
- Song S. Inter-country exchange rates and intra-firm trade flows within global network of multinational corporations. Management International Review, forthcoming.
- Song S. Exchange Rate Challenges, flexible Intra-firm adjustment and subsidiary longevity. Journal of World Business, forthcoming.
- Song S, Makhija M, Kim S-M. International investments under uncertainty: Contributions of real options theory and future directions. Journal of Management & Organization, forthcoming.
Best Paper Proceedings
- Song S. 2007. Two contradictory effects of prior experience on early exits of partially-owned firms. Best paper proceedings, Hayes graduate research forum, The Ohio State University.
- Song S, Makhija M, Lee S., 2008. Growth and switching options in foreign direct investment. Best Paper Proceedings: The Academy of Management, Anneheim, USA
- Zeng Y, Shenkar O, Song S, Lee S. 2009. Cultural differences, location of prior FDI experience and survival of subsequent projects: The case of Korean MNEs. Best Paper Proceedings: The Academy of International Business, San Diego, USA.
- Song S. 2014. Value and cost of multinationality: Comparing international diversification and real options effects. Outstanding research paper Proceedings: Global Conference on Business and Finance Research, Hawaii, USA.
Grants and Awards
- Samsung Distinguished Paper Award, The Academy of Management (2008)
- SSK Research fund, The Sustainability of Korean Management in the Global Market: Competitiveness and CSR, The National Research Foundation of Korea (2012)
- Summer Research Grant, Saint Joseph's University (2013)
- Referred Article Award, HAUB School of Business, Saint Joseph's University (2013-2014)
- Faculty Research Merit Award, Saint Joseph's University (2013)
- Outstanding Research Award. Global Conference on Business and Finance Research (2014)
- Teaching Innovation Award, Middle Atlantic Association of Colleges of Business Administration (MAACBA) (2014)
- External uncertainty and multinational flexibility
- Entry and exit strategies in the international business area
- International strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Organizational learning in foreign direct investment