Sangcheol Song, Ph.D.
Office: Mandeville 356
Phone: (610) 660-2241
Fax: (610) 660-1229
- Cultural Diversity and International business (undergraduate)
- Introduction to International Business (undergraduate)
- International Management (undergraduate)
- Business Policy (Undergraduate)
- International Management (MBA)
- Global Business Strategy (MBA)
- Managing International Strategic Alliances (MBA)
- Song S, Lee S-H, Makhija M. Operational hedging in foreign direct investment under volatile and divergent exchange rates across countries. Journal of World Business (SSCI), Forthcoming.
- Park Y-R, Song S, Choe S, Paik Y. Gaining legitimacy in international business: Strategic corporate social responsibility of multinational corporations. Journal of Business Ethics (SSCI), forthcoming.
- Song S. Inter-country exchange rates and intra-firm trade flows within global network of multinational corporations. Management International Review (SSCI), forthcoming.
- Song S. Exchange Rate Challenges, flexible Intra-firm adjustment and subsidiary longevity. Journal of World Business (SSCI), forthcoming.
- Song S. Zeng Y. Performance, Inter-partner relationship, and ownership change in international joint ventures. Journal of Asia Pacific Business, forthcoming.
- Song S. Unfavorable market conditions, Institutional and financial development, and exits of small foreign subsidiaries. Journal of International Management (SSCI), forthcoming.
- Song S, Yuping Z. Keeping options alive by repairing damaged relationships in international joint ventures. Journal of International Business Research, forthcoming.
- Song S, Makhija M, Lee S-H. 2014. Within-country growth options vs. Across-country switching options in foreign direct investments. Global Strategy Journal, 4: 127-142.
- Song S. 2014. Value and cost of multinationality: International diversification and real options effects. International Journal of Business and Finance Research, 8(5): 115-125
- Song S. 2014. Value and cost of multinationality: Comparing international diversification and real options effects. Outstanding research paper Proceedings: Global Conference on Business and Finance Research, Hawaii, USA.
- Song S. 2014. Foreign subsidiary divestment: The role of multinational flexibility. Management International Review (SSCI), 54(1): 47-70.
- Song S. 2013. FDI structure, investment specificity, and multinational flexibility value under market uncertainty. Management International Review (SSCI), 53(6): 795-817.
- Zeng Y, Shenkar O, Lee S-H, Song S. 2013. Cultural differences, the MNE's learning ability, and the effect of experience on subsidiary mortality in a dissimilar culture: Evidence from Korean MNEs. Journal of International Business Studies (SSCI), 44(1): 41-65.
- Song S. 2013. Investment irreversibility and longevity of MNC foreign subsidiaries: The moderating effect of host market uncertainty. Asia Pacific Journal of Management (SSCI), in press.
- Song, S. 2013. Uncertainty, absorptive capacity, and real option value of international investment: An examination of prior experience. Journal of International Business and Economy, 14(1): 72-86.
- Zeng Y, Shenkar O, Song S, Lee S-H. 2013. FDI experience and subsidiary mortality: Differences in national culture and the expansion of Korean MNEs. Management International Review (SSCI), 53(3): 477-509.
- Park Y-R, Song S, Lee EK. 2013. Do multinational companies flexibly respond to exchange rate fluctuations: A tale of two Korean MNCs. Journal of Asia Business Studies, 7(3): 262-277.
- Lee S-H, Peng MW, Song S. 2013. Governments, entrepreneurs, and positive externalities: A real options perspective. European Management Journal (SSCI), 31: 333-347.
- Lee S, Song S. 2012. Host country uncertainty, intra-MNC production shifts, and subsidiary performance. Strategic Management Journal. (SSCI), 33(11): 1331-1340.
- Song S. 2012. Uncertainty and learning in international joint ventures. Journal of International Business and Economy, 13(1): 83-96.
- Song S. 2011. The non-linear relationship between ownership, control, and performance in international joint ventures. North American Journal of Finance and Banking Research, 5(5): 40-49.
- Zeng Y, Shenkar O, Song S, Lee S. 2009. Cultural differences, location of prior FDI experience and survival of subsequent projects: The case of Korean MNEs. Best Paper Proceedings: The Academy of International Business, San Diego, USA.
- Song S, Makhija M, Lee S., 2008. Growth and switching options in foreign direct investment. Best Paper Proceedings: The Academy of Management, Anneheim, USA
- Song S. 2007. Two contradictory effects of prior experience on early exits of partially-owned firms. Best paper proceedings, Hayes graduate research forum, The Ohio State University.
Grants and Awards
- Teaching Innovation Award, Middle Atlantic Association of Colleges of Business Administration (MAACBA) (2014)
- Outstanding Research Award. Global Conference on Business and Finance Research (2014)
- Faculty Research Merit Award, Saint Joseph's University (2013)
- Referred Article Award, HAUB School of Business, Saint Joseph's University (2013-2014)
- Summer Research Grant, Saint Joseph's University (2013)
- SSK Research fund, The Sustainability of Korean Management in the Global Market: Competitiveness and CSR, The National Research Foundation of Korea (2012)
- Samsung Distinguished Paper Award, The Academy of Management (2008)