It took a lot of thought for you to get to this point. Make sure you don’t forget the final details.
Preparing to Apply:
Before you begin the online application, we highly recommend you have your current resume and statement of goals finalized. In addition, you should contact those writing your recommendation letters to verify they will be able to do so and also confirm their email address. You will enter their name and email address in the online application; from there we will contact them with further information on submitting the letter through a secure online link to Saint Joseph's University. If you have already received your recommendation letters simply enter your own email address in this portion of the application and upload and submit the letter yourself.
*Note: this information is for Domestic applicants. International applicants should visit the International Applicants page.
Application Requirements: Please check your program website for program specific requirements
- Completed Graduate Application Online Application Form.
- Official sealed transcript(s) of undergraduate/graduate coursework.
- Personal Statement: a letter of intention outlining one’s professional goals and educational objectives for attending the university.
- GPA: Please check your program webpage for GPA requirement.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Any additional documents as required by your program. Please refer to the "Admission Requirements" section on your program's website.
- $35 application fee*.
- International students: Please see addition information and requirements listed under the
International Applicants section. Saint Joseph’s University does not accept international students for the following programs:
• All M.S. Education programs except for M.S. Professional Education
• M.S. Environmental Protection and Safety Management, M.S. Homeland Security, and M.S. Public Safety Management.
*The $35 application fee will be waived for all applicants that attend a Graduate Studies Open House and complete the online satisfaction survey or are SJU alums. Applicants will receive an email with a link to pay their application fee approximately two days after submitting their online application.
Saint Joseph's University operates on a rolling admissions basis for graduate applications. This means that documents can be submitted to the Office of Graduate Operations at any time throughout the year for admission consideration. However, due to time constraints and availability of appropriate courses, we suggest that applicants complete their applications as soon as possible to ensure timely review of their application. Please do not hesitate to contact our office, Graduate Arts and Sciences, at email@example.com or call 610-660-3131 if you have any questions regarding the application requirements or timeline.
|Ed.D. in Educational Leadership||Priority deadline for consideration: March 1st; Applications will be considered up until June 1st. Applications for international students residing out of country will be considered until April 1. Ed.D. cohort starts once per year in July.|
|MS Biology||Applicants for Fall admission are strongly encouraged to apply by March 15th. The M.S. Biology program admits students for the fall semester only.|
|MS Computer Science (no summer start)||Fall (August) July 15, Spring (January) November 15|
|MS Psychology||Priority Deadline: March 1st; Applications will be considered on rolling basis until May 1st. The M.S. Psychology program admits students for the fall semester only.|
* The MS Psychology program admits new students in the Fall Semester only. The Psychology department Graduate Psychology Application Insert, and the Graduate Psychology Recommendation form must be included with the application. The Ed.D. in Educational Leadership admits students on a cohort schedule. Please visit the program pages for further information.
Domestic applicants (US Citizens, Permanent Residents, Refugees & Asylees) must complete and submit the Application Form, along with all credentials and the required $35 USD application fee directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. Applicants for admission must possess a Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution and must provide evidence of their ability and preparedness necessary for the satisfactory completion of graduate work. Specific requirements differ among the programs, and students are advised to consult the appropriate program requirements listed on each program page. Domestic applicants who have received degrees from outside the US should visit our International Admissions page for information on required documentation. All documents submitted in support of an application will become the property of the University and are not returnable.
Standardized Test Scores - Official test score reports (GRE, GMAT, etc.) must be sent directly to Saint Joseph's University. Our GRE code is 2801. Our MAT code is 1663. Our GMAT codes are as follows:
|MS Business Intelligence||WL8-WS-66|
|MS Human Resource Management||WL8-WS-45|
|MS Financial Services||WL8-WS-94|
|MS International Marketing||WL8-WS-71|