Financial Information for Admitted Students
Congratulations and welcome to Saint Joseph's University.
You are another step closer to becoming a Hawk and we want to help make it happen. A Saint Joseph's degree leads to success. But you don't have to take our word for it, just take a look at our recent graduate outcomes report and student stories.
Financial aid award packages are released in the following timeline within The Nest, SJU's online student portal.
New freshmen and transfers for the Fall semester will be able to view their package at the end of March.
New freshmen and transfer for the Spring semester will be able to view their package by the end of October.
Some next steps until your packages are able to viewed:
If you have not done so already, complete the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov so that we can provide an accurate financial aid award. SJU's school code is 003367 must be listed for us to receive your information.
Let us know you' re coming!
Submit your non-refundable deposit ($500 for resident student or $250 for commuting students).
Once your deposit is submitted and your package has been reviewed log on to The Nest to accept your financial aid award.
While in The Nest you will:
- Click on the Paying for SJU tab
- On the Administrative Services box, click the Financial Aid folder; Award folder; Award by Aid Year
- Select the 2015-2016 aid year
- Complete the Cash Management Statement on the Resources/Additional Information tab
- If you are selected for verification, you need to accept the statement on the Terms and Conditions tab before you can accept your aid
- Access the Accept Award Offer tab
- Review your award package and accept the full or partial amount of your award(s)
If you are a deposited student that is accepting Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans: (Please complete the following steps, in addition to the above)
Login to The Federal Student Aid website with your (the student's) 4-digit FAFSA PIN.
While in the Federal Student Aid website you will:
- Complete direct subsidized/unsubsidized loan entrance counseling
- Complete the direct subsidized/unsubsidized loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
A Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan may be available, if your parent(s) qualify based on credit approval after
April 14th, 2015:
Parents should login to The Federal Student Aid website with a 4-digit PIN (Apply for your 4-digit pin number here.)
While in the Federal Student Aid website:
- Parents should complete an application for the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
- Complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN)
If you are considering alternative loan sources:
- Apply DIRECTLY to your lender of choice
- Once the loan is approved, SJU will be notified by your lender and the school certification will be sent.
Other Helpful links:
- Forms & Resources for loans and payment plans.
- Loan information
- Grant information
- Glossary of Financial Aid Terms
Your admissions counselor is also your financial aid counselor and we will help you navigate the financial aid process.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.660.1300