Freshman Application Process
It is recommended to view the SJU online application in Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Admission Deadlines for Fall 2015
Early Action: November 15
Regular Decision: February 1
Notification Dates for Fall 2015
Early Action: December 25
Regular Decision: March 15
Spring applications are accepted on a rolling basis but the preferred deadline is November 15th.
The Red Envelope Always Brings Good News
The office of Undergraduate Admissions at Saint Joseph's University sends out notification of admission in giant, beautiful red envelopes. Discover what it's like to find a #redenvelope in your mailbox.
Application Requirements - Do You Have Everything You Need?
Typical Applicants have the following:
- Middle 50% GPA: 3.2 – 3.9
- Middle 50% SAT: 1100 – 1280
- Middle 50% ACT: 23-28
In addition to the application, the following are required:
- Application fee ($60)
- Official high school transcript
- Letter of recommendation (you may use this provided form to give to the person completing your recommendation)
- Social security number is required on the application for admission if applying for federal financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA)
- See our test optional policy, which applies to all applicants.
- If you prefer to submit a paper application, you may download the print ready application here.
For detailed instructions on homeschool and GED admission policies, please select the link that describes you:
Becoming a Hawk!
The SJU Class of 2018 welcomed a diverse group of 1,350 students. They represent the second-largest entering class in Saint Joseph’s history and are among the most academically gifted, with nearly half earning grade point averages of 3.5 or above. We hope you will apply and add to Saint Joseph’s continued success by becoming a part of the Class of 2019!
If you have questions, please contact us.