Related LinksElementary Ed. Internship
To APPLY for the Teacher Intern Program at Saint Joseph's University students must:
- Have a bachelor degree in education or other area of study.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Have completed 6 credits in Mathematics and 6 credits in English in undergraduate program.
- Have submitted a completed graduate application to SJU.
- Have enrolled (on a non-matriculated basis if the graduate application has not been approved yet) in two of the Education Foundations courses (see below).
- Have passed all required Praxis I (PPST Reading, PPST Writing, and PPST Mathematics), Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge & Elementary Education: Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview with the Program Director after the application is completed.
- Have an offer of teaching employment.
Upon completion of ALL THE ABOVE requirements, students will be eligible for the PA Intern Certificate. To obtain a letter of eligibility for this certification from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, students must apply through the Chair of the Education Department. For more information on this application, please contact the Education Department at Saint Joseph's University at 610 660 1583 or email@example.com.