Students applying for admission to the M.S. program must have at least 2 to 3 years of full-time experience in the health care field (or the equivalent) and must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, which includes completion of one semester of general biology, general psychology, general sociology, and research methods, or their equivalents. The department takes a portfolio approach to admission, considering undergraduate grade point average, previous work experience, letters of recommendation, a sample of writing skills, and a personal statement of goals and objectives.
Prospective students should send the following to the Office of Graduate Operations:
- A completed Saint Joseph's University Graduate application.
- A $35 application fee.*
- Official sealed transcripts each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
- 500-word statement on personal goals and objectives.
- A current resume detailing professional work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation appraising the applicant's capacity for studies at the graduate level and leadership potential in the field of health administration.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 2.75 are required to take the Graduate Record Examination and submit those scores.
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Program Director.
*The $35 application fee will be waived for all applicants that attend a Graduate Studies Open House and complete the online satisfaction survey or are SJU alums.
Saint Joseph’s University operates on a rolling admissions basis for graduate applications. This means that documents can be submitted to the Office of Graduate Operations at any time throughout the year for admission consideration.
International students should visit the International Graduate Applicant page for additional admission requirements.
Office of Graduate Operations
Saint Joseph's University
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131