Answers to commonly asked questions:
- All applications must be completed online.
- Acceptances on rolling-basis throughout the year and students may choose to begin studies in fall, spring or summer semesters.
- Most students complete the program in two years, yet the exceptional full-time student may be able to finish in one year, including both summers. And many students who are working full-time may choose to spread the program over 2-4 years. In short, students may progress at their own pace.
- The MA Degree requires 12 courses (each of 3 credits) for a total of 36 credits.
- Tuition 2011-2012: $752/credit
- Students, for whom the employer will pay part or all of the tuition, are encouraged to complete the Employer Deferral Program Application, then fax it to the number indicated at bottom of form. If you have any difficulty with this, contact Student Services (610)660-2000 or STUPAY@sju.edu
How do I select appropriate courses?
Students are encouraged to review the program requirements in the current issue of the Graduate Course Catalog. The catalog outlines the course requirements for the program and includes information about pre-requisite course requirements. Students should also speak with an academic advisor or department representative if they are unsure about any particular courses.
Where do I go for advising?
Advising assignments are confirmed via the academic department. As an applicant, you may not have an assigned advisor until you begin the program. If you would like to schedule an appointment with an advisor, please contact Mark C. Aita, S.J., M.D., Director, M.A. in Health Care Ethics at 610-660- 2580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the process if my employer is paying for my courses?
Students with inquiries about tuition remission and installment payment plans should visit the Student Services Center web site for additional instructions. The Student Services Center coordinates student registration and payment.
How do I register for classes?
Visit the Registrar site for complete instructions on how to register.
What is the alternative pin number needed to register?
The alternative pin is a series of six ones. (111111)
How do I access my SJU account?
Student IT information is generated and mailed out by the Office of Information Technology. Please visit http://it.sju.edu/ for information on technology services at the University.
Where can I obtain my student I.D.?
Students can request a picture I.D. from the Office of Public Safety located in Barbelin Hall once they have received formal acceptance into their academic program. The initial I.D. card is offered at no cost with a minimal replacement fee charged for lost cards.
Where do I purchase my books?
Books for your courses can be purchased at the Saint Joseph's University Bookstore located at 2461 North 54th Street. Students are advised to take information regarding their courses such as the CRN number and course title for general assistance.
Is there assistance with job placement?
The Career Development Center, located in Overbrook Hall, provides assistance to students through the year. Students are invited to visit online for a calendar of events and a list of services.