- The Saint Joseph's University Graduate Application.
- Official sealed transcript(s) of undergraduate/graduate coursework (mail to Graduate Admissions). If you are a SJU graduate the Office of Graduate Operations will obtain your SJU transcripts for you.
- Recommended 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) in undergraduate work.
- Personal statement – 500 word letter of intention outlining the candidate's professional and educational goals.
- A current resume.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- $35 application fee.*
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Program Director.
*The $35 application fee will be waived for all applicants that attend a Graduate Studies Open House and complete the online satisfaction survey or are SJU alums.
Saint Joseph’s University operates on a rolling admissions basis for graduate applications. This means that documents can be submitted to the Office of Graduate Operations at any time throughout the year for admission consideration.
International students should visit the International Graduate Applicant page for additional admission requirements.
Answers to commonly asked questions
- Admissions on rolling-basis throughout the year and, upon acceptance, students tend to finish the program in one year. Yet students can progress at their own pace.
- Once accepted, students may register for class the next available session up until 1 week before class begins.
- There are two 8-week sessions in the fall and spring semesters; whereas, there are two 6-week sessions in the more condensed summer semesters.
- If they so choose, students may take one course both sessions of each semester in whatever sequence they choose; however, most students take one course per semester.
- For each course, students tend to devote 12-15 hours to reading, written assignments and discussion board interaction.
- If student wishes to advance to the Master of Arts in Health Care Ethics Program, all four courses will be accepted in transfer.
- Tuition 2011-2012: $752/credit, $2256/three credit course, total of $9024/Entire Program.
- If your employer plans to pay part or all of the tuition, complete the Employer Deferral Program Application, then fax it to the number indicated at bottom of form. If you have any difficulty with this, contact Student Services (610) 660-2000 or STUPAY@sju.edu
Questions regarding the application process:
Office of Graduate Operations
Saint Joseph's University
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131