Students seeking admission to the Health Education Program must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, which shows coursework in biology or related field, psychology, and basic education or human development. (A work history in these areas may serve as an equivalent.) Candidates on average have at least 2 to 3 years of full-time experience in the health care field (or the equivalent).
Submit the following:
- The Saint Joseph's University Graduate application.
- Official sealed transcript(s) of undergraduate/graduate coursework.
- Recommended 2.75 Grade Point Average (GPA) in undergraduate work.
- Personal statement – a 500 word statement of intention outlining the candidate’s professional goals and educational objectives.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- $35 application fee.*
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Program Director.
The Committee on Admissions will decide whether the record and professional background of the candidates indicate sufficient ability to complete the program of studies. Applicants will be notified in writing regarding their admission status.
Qualified individuals may take up to two courses, approved by the Director, as non-matriculated students.
*The $35 application fee will be waived for all applicants that attend a Graduate Studies Open House and complete the online satisfaction survey or are SJU alums.
Saint Joseph’s University operates on a rolling admissions basis for graduate applications. This means that documents can be submitted to the Office of Graduate Operations at any time throughout the year for admission consideration.
International students should visit the International Graduate Applicant page for additional admission requirements.Questions regarding the application process:
Office of Graduate Operations
Saint Joseph's University
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131