(BEGINNING FALL 2011)
The Certificate in Executive Coaching is for students who have already earned a Master’s degree. The Executive Coaching Certificate strengthens the ability of Consultants, Human Resource Professionals, Psychologists, Managers, Educators, and individuals in career transition to develop and enhance their coaching skills by studying and practicing the philosophies, history, theory, research, methods, skills, and ethics needed for competent professional coaching and transformational leadership development. Learning objectives for the Certificate in Executive Coaching are to:
- Develop your self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Explore a variety of coaching and leadership development models and methods.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments.
- Facilitate learning by applying theories from psychology, business and education.
- Meet the International Coach Federation ethical guidelines and professional standards for coaching.
Admission procedure for the Certificate in Executive Coaching:
Those with a M.A., M.S., or MBA
- A completed application form which can be downloaded from www.sju.edu/graduateapp .
- A $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all coursework from the graduate institution attended.
- A letter of intention outlining the candidate’s professional goals and educational objectives for attending the program of their choice.
- A current resume detailing professional work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview with the Program Director after the application is completed.
To fulfill the requirements for the Certificate in Executive Coaching, students complete 4 required foundation courses/12 credits. A letter requesting a printed certificate is required when all four courses / 12 credits have been completed. All credits in the Certificate Executive Coaching are transferable to the Master’s in Organization Leadership and Development program with a concentration in Executive Coaching and Organization Development.
Four Required Foundation Courses
|ODL 680||Coaching for Change|
|ODL 650||Organizational Leadership|
|ODL 620||Coaching Assessments|
|ODL 625||Psychology of Executive Coaching|