Students who apply to the M.A. in Theology and Society will be required to submit the following documents:
- A completed Saint Joseph’s University graduate application. Click here for instructions.
- Official sealed transcript(s) of undergraduate/graduate coursework with a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Personal statement—a letter of intention outlining the candidate’s professional goals and educational objectives in pursuing the Master of Arts in Theology and Society.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- $35 application fee—waived if applicant attended a Graduate Studies Open House or is a SJU graduate.
- For students whose native language is not english, english proficiency requirements may be accessed by clicking here.
Because the M.A. Theology and Society program is a part-time program, international students are not eligible for admission.
Students will also be expected to be familiar with basic principles and methods of biblical, theological, and ethical studies. This may be demonstrated in the following ways:
- Undergraduate coursework.
- Undergraduate-level study in non-credit programs such as diocesan ministerial certification programs. Course descriptions and syllabi should be submitted.
- Directed reading and assessment.
- Students with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 or no discernible theological preparation for coursework may be admitted on a provisional basis.