Academic Advising in the CPLS
In the CPLS, the role of an advisor is:
- to help you with the transition to the CPLS by monitoring your academic load, course selection and academic performance;
- to support you in initiating long range educational planning; and,
- to direct you to opportunities and resources that will enrich your education.
The following students are required to obtain an advisor's approval in order to enroll in courses:
- Students with a gpa between 2.0 and 2.25
- Students accepted to the Opportunity Program
- Students who have not submitted all required official documentation
- Students on academic probation
Professional staff advisors are available for current, returning, and prospective students through both one-on-one advising sessions or phone advising sessions. For more information regarding student advising in the CPLS, please refer to http://www.sju.edu/academics/PLS/advising/index.html or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.