Saint Joseph’s University, a private liberal arts institution for men and women, founded by members of the Society of Jesus in 1851 and chartered by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the following year, has been conducted by the Jesuits for nearly 150 years as a Catholic educational institution in the Ignatian tradition.
Saint Joseph’s was recognized as a university by the Secretary of Education of the State of Pennsylvania on July 24, 1978. The corporate charter was formally changed to reflect university status on December 27, 1978.
The provisions of this catalog describe programs and policies of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Erivan K. Haub School of Business and the College of Liberal and Professional Studies within Saint Joseph’s University as of time of publication. They are regarded as an irrevocable contract between the student and the University. The University reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.