PMK 150 FY3 Global Healthcare (3 credits)
President Obama and Congress passed a milestone healthcare law that took effect in March 2010 and we will be present at the creation! To understand how this will impact healthcare delivery, we will be analyzing key issues:
* Who "wins" and who "loses"?
* What will change in the delivery of healthcare, if anything?
* What can stop the ever increasing cost of healthcare?
* Healthcare systems throughout the world: aka, is it better to get sick in France or in the US?
* What are some of the abuses of healthcare in the US, especially, Fraud and Abuse and Antikickback
Students will conduct research in conjunction with the Drexel Library as well as integrate contemporary media, such as related movies, Sicko and The Constant Gardener, Congressional debates and cable news analyses.