College of Arts & Sciences

CAS Advising Support Center

Forms and Procedures
This section includes forms and directions for students who want to:
  • Declare a major
  • Change a major
  • Declare a second major
  • Declare a minor

This section includes forms for actions related to registration and/or your courses.  These forms include:
  • Course Override Form.  This form is used to obtain approval for the following overrides:
    • closed class
    • course pre-requisites
    • major restriction
    • class level (e.g., a day student talking a PLS evening course)
    • time conflict
    • academic hold
  • Registration changes Form (used by first-year students during the Add/Drop period in fall semester)
  • Course Overload (permission to take a sixth course)
  • Withdrawal from a Course
  • Independent Study Request
  • Change from Credit to Audit
  • Request Pass/No Penalty
  • Permission to take courses elsewhere
  • Winter intersession course approval
  • Summer SJU courses
This section includes forms needed to be completed by students who are planning to study abroad.
  • Study Abroad Course Equivalency Approval
  • Study Abroad Summer Credit Approval 

This section includes forms for student who are seeking permission to take a leave of absence for a semester and for students who are intending to transfer from the University.