Please note that the following information is specifically for students who are majoring in the College of Arts and Sciences. Procedures may vary for students who are majoring in the Haub School of Business. HSB students should consult with the HSB Leahy Advising Center. All forms may be downloaded from this site. Paper copies are also available in the CAS Advising Support Center (Campion 215) and the Dean's Office (BL 113).
|Action||Advisor signature required||Chair signature required||Dean signature required|
|Leave of Absence Request||Yes||No||Yes (Dean of Major)|
|Withdrawal form the University
||Required Signature: Kim Allen Stuck in the Office of Student Success
A student in the Day College must request a leave of absence for a semester no later than the last day to add/drop. The leave of absence request must be approved by the Dean of the Division in which the student is majoring. A leave is granted for one semester and may be renewed once. A student cannot take courses during a leave with the intention of transferring them back to SJU. A continuing registration fee is charged for each semester of leave.
Associate Dean for Education - Dr. Jeanne Brady
Associate Dean for Humanities - Dr. Paul Aspan
Associate Dean for Natural Sciences/Mathematics - Dr. Michael McCann
Associate Dean for Social Sciences - Dr. Nancy Fox
Associate Dean for Business - Mr. Patrick O'Brien
Required Form: Leave Of Absence Form
Steps to request a leave of absence:
- You are strongly encouraged to talk with both your family and your faculty advisor about your reasons for requesting a leave of absence.
- If you decide that a leave is the best option for you, meet with your advisor to obtain his/her signature.
- Meet with the Dean for the division in which you are majoring to obtain his/her approval and signature. CAS students may stop by the Dean's Office (BL 113) to determine the name of the Dean with whom they will meet and/or to arrange a meeting time.
- Return the completed form to the Student Service Center (BL 121).
- Contact your faculty advisor during the pre-registration period in your leave semester to discuss classes for the semester following your return and to obtain your PIN.
Required Form: Withdraw From University form
Steps to withdraw from SJU:
- Your are strongly encouraged to talk with both your family and your faculty advisor about your reasons for requesting to withdrawal from SJU.
- If you decide that withdrawing is the best option for you, obtain the request form and complete the upper portion outlining your reasons.
- Meet with Kim Allen Stuck in the Office of Student success (Thomas Hall) to discuss your reasons for withdraw and to obtain her signature.
- Return the completed for to the Student Service Center (BL 121).