The Haub School of Business will be recognized and acknowledged nationally as a leading Jesuit school of business for undergraduate, executive and part-time graduate programs.
We seek excellence in business education that offers
breadth in terms of broad-based coverage of business concepts and skills,
depth through focus on specific industries and professions, and
wholeness via education of men and women in service to others
in accordance with the Ignatian tradition.
Haub School of Business Core Values
To achieve this vision and mission, the Haub School of Business is committed to:
1. Academic excellence – The HSB is committed to the Jesuit ideal of the "magis" or the more, the better way. Academic integrity is the cornerstone of our approach to teaching, an approach that emphasizes excellence in teaching and seeks rigor and student engagement.
2. Jesuit identity – As a college within a Jesuit university, the HSB is committed to the Jesuit ideals of ethics, justice, and social responsibility
3. Scholarly contributions – The HSB encourages scholarly research that is essential to the professional development of our faculty, contributes to the practice of management, and informs and enlivens our teaching.
4. Innovative niche programs – From its inception, the HSB has been entrepreneurial in its approach to targeting and serving the needs of key industries and strategic niches. We seek to continue our creative focus on industry segments such as food, pharmaceuticals, financial services and public accounting.
5. Student welfare – "Cura personalis", that is, care and respect for each person, is a hallmark of Jesuit education. We will continue to support and encourage our students as they identify and pursue their personal and professional goals