Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the websites of SJU without revealing any personal information. However, SJU needs certain personal information if you wish to receive more information on / or to apply to any of our academic programs.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. SJU will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with personalized assistance during the application process, to set up your admissions interview, to setup your student user account, and to contact you regarding your enrollment and any special announcements or events hosted in association with our Executive MBA programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- SJU automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. SJU may use this information to track site traffic and to assess the effectiveness of its advertising efforts and the quality of content hosted on its site. SJU may use such data to improve the quality of content on its site. However, SJU does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- SJU may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of SJU to provide products and services requested by you. For example, course materials may be purchased by SJU from a third party vendor, and your shipping information may be disclosed in order to ensure prompt delivery directly to your preferred address. We will share personal information for such purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- SJU may import information to third-party online communication utilities in order to manage, track and distribute periodic announcements regarding special events, course offerings and other opportunities extended to our current students and alumni.
- SJU may otherwise disclose your
personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of SJU
Consent / Opt-Out
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to SJU. If you have provided personal information to SJU and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify the university by calling 610-660-1000.
- If you do no wish to receive e-mail announcements regarding special events, course offerings and other opportunities extended to our current students and alumni, you may Opt-Out upon receipt, or notify the university by calling 610-660-1000.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your SJU Information is protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, SJU uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- SJU may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of SJU websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions