At Saint Joseph's University, we recognize that your MBA degree is really just a "means" to an "end". After all, what value does a business degree hold if the right people are unaware of it? To this end, in-class instruction is only one facet of your Saint Joseph's education. In order to prepare you for the increasingly competitive job market, the MBA Program provides regular networking opportunities for you to interact with area employers as well as fellow students.
Specific opportunities include:
- Graduate Business Student Association (GBSA) and MBA Alumni Association's Annual Networking Event (held each May). Executives from the Philadelphia area's most prominent companies -- many of them graduates of Saint Joseph's MBA Program -- attend, and actively build networks with current and graduating MBA students.
- Career Fairs: Saint Joseph's sponsors general career fairs in both the fall and spring semesters, and participates in the Greater Philadelphia Area Non-Profit Career Fair held each spring. For more information about these fairs as well as career advising at Saint Joseph's, visit the Career Development Center.
- Pizza Before Class: Generally held twice each semester, "Pizza Before Class" is an excellent opportunity to grab dinner before class and network with your classmates in an informal setting.
- Special Events/Lectures: Sponsored by the Career Development Center, the Haub School of Business routinely sponsors guest lectures from the Philadelphia area's largest and most important companies.
- Sponsorship of the Young Professionals Network (YPN): In conjunction with the Greater Philadelphia Area Chamber of Commerce, Saint Joseph's and YPN have partnered to offer monthly events featuring the most prominent names in Philadelphia. Events are held at Philadelphia's most exciting venues, including the Hub CityView Meeting Center, National Liberty Museum, and the Union League of Philadelphia. Past speakers have included Billy King (Chairman of the Philadelphia 76ers) Phil Martelli (Head Coach, Saint Joseph's University Men's Basketball), and Michael Nutter (Democratic candidate for Mayor of Philadelphia).
For more information about the benefits of a Saint Joseph's MBA, learn about our Return on Investment.