In setting the admission criteria for the MS Program, the intent is to accept only those students who have a high probability of successfully completing the graduate program in International Marketing at Saint Joseph's University.
A completed application includes:
- Application form
- Non-refundable $35 application fee (payable to Saint Joseph's University)
- Official transcripts indicating receipt of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official GMAT Score (www.gmac.com) (Test must be taken within the last 7 years)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement (See Below)
- An updated resume
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum composite score of 550, or a computerize test score of 213, or an internet based score of a 80 is required on the TOEFL for program admission. Students already in the Philadelphia area, who do not have a TOEFL score, may be admitted following completion of the ELS Center's Level 112, including a favorable letter of recommendation from an ELS administrator, in lieu of the TOEFL test score. Information and application can be obtained by writing directly to TOEFL, Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6151 or visiting the website (www.toefl.org).
Foreign applicants must also provide:
- TOEFL and GMAT
- An affadavit of financial support
The Personal Statement asks the following:
Incorporate your response to the following topics in a well organized essay (250-500 words). What are your career objectives? What are your reasons for seeking admissions to the MIM Program? Provide any additional information which you think may be important in the evaluation of your application.
GMAT Workshops are offered at Saint Joseph's University for those preparing to take the test. Click here for more information on how to register for our GMAT Workshop.
We have a rolling admissions process. Saint Joseph's University's Fall and Spring semesters are 14 weeks. You may begin the Internationl Marketing program at any semester.
Although not required for admission into the program, students are strongly encouraged to attain a sufficient level of proficiency in one or more foreign languages prior to entering the M.S. in International Marketing program. The ever-increasing need for bilingual and multilingual managers who can conduct business transactions in different cultures makes it important for students to be able to communicate in more than one language. Students are therefore encouraged to study additional languages as part of their preparation for this program.
Transfer of Courses
Students may transfer up to six credit hours of graduate work towards the M. S. degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum grade of B is required.
Pre-M.S. Admission Status
Students who possess non-business undergraduate degrees may be admitted as Pre-M.S. students while
completing the following prerequisite courses:
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Management
- Principles of Accounting
The grading system in effect at SJU will apply to courses in the M.S. Program. Student advising will be the responsibility of the program director, but students are encouraged to share their academic and career expectations with members of the faculty who teach the program.
As per university guidelines for graduate study, students enrolled in the M.S. in International Marketing Program who receive a single grade of C or below for three (3) credit hours will be issued a warning letter. Students who receive a grade of C or below for six (6) credit hours will be placed on academic probation and will be so notified in writing by the Program-Director. Students receiving a grade C or below for nine (9) credit hours will be dismissed from the program.
To graduate, students must fulfill all credit hours requirements for the M.S. degree. Each candidate must have at least 3.0 cumulative GPA (excluding all prerequisite courses), no more than two below a B, and no F grades outstanding in order to be certified for graduation.
Retention Processes and Policies
Students enrolled in the M. S. in International Marketing Program have six years to complete their M. S. degree from Saint Joseph's University. This six years limit begins with the student's first 500 level course registration. Extensions beyond this limit may be made only with the recommendation of the M. S. Program Director, and only for unusual and serious circumstances.
Students who exceed the time limit to complete the M. S. Program will be dismissed from the program. Such students may reapply for admission into the program as new students and start the program with no credit from previous courses taken.
Graduation / Commencement Policies
- Students must complete all course requirements prior to graduation.
- Upon petition to the Program Director, students may be permitted to take part in commencement exercises only after successfully completing at least nine (9) of the ten program courses.