The Council shall act as the primary legislative group in the School of Business. Faculty involvement in the Council is meant to institutionalize representative faculty participation in administrative deliberations and decisions which affect the faculty’s professional interests and the fundamental academic mission of the School of Business. Faculty involvement in the College Council shall not entail the assumption of any administrative responsibilities or the exercise of any administrative authority.
The College Council shall also serve as the forum for:
- informing the faculty of issues and concerns in the School of Business between full faculty meetings;
- advising the Dean on School of Business priorities;
- determining curriculum structure and reviewing proposals;
- advising the Dean on resource and budgetary matters;
- recommending general policies for the School of Business.
All members of the faculty of the Erivan K. Haub School of Business shall constitute the membership of the Erivan K. Haub School of Business College Council, but only full-time members of the ranked faculty whose primary responsibilities are non-administrative shall be eligible to vote.
Haub School of Business College Council By-Laws adopted April 25, 1996, p. 1