7th ASB Meeting & Conference | April 7th-8th 2017
Saint Joseph’s University’s Sports Marketing Program welcomes the Alliance for Sport Business to Hawk Hill
Alliance for Sport Business Call for Abstracts
This serves as the official Call for Abstracts for the 7th Annual Conference for the Alliance for Sport Business. This year’s conference is hosted by the Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph’s University. This event will take place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 7th -8th, 2017
Hotel room reservations may be placed at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, by calling 215-879-9020 under the name Alliance for Sport Business (ASB) for April 7th – 8th, 2017, at a rate of $139 per night. or you may copy and paste the following link into a web browser http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/P/PHLPHHF-ASB-20170406/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG to make your reservation.
Guests can access the site to learn more about the event and to book, modify or cancel a reservation from November 31, 2016 to April 6, 2017. However, the last day to book rooms at the group rate is February 28, 2016.
Panel and paper proposals will be accepted through January 31, 2017.
Please submit abstracts to email@example.com
Submission themes should be relevant to Sport Business academic programs housed in accredited Business Schools.
Suggested Research Topics:
- Strategies for sport business programs transitioning into accredited business schools
- Developing and engaging external stakeholders and advisory boards into sport business programs
- Assurance of learning models related to sport business
- Recruiting and development of terminally qualified sport business faculty
- Promotion and tenure process of sport business faculty in schools of business
- Developing and integrating sport analytics with sport business programs
- Challenges and issues of experiential learning and internships in sport business programs
- Best innovative practices of sport business programs in schools of business (teaching, curricular, experiential and professional practice learning)
- Business ethics and contemporary issues in the sport industry
- The place of sport business within business disciplines
- sport business programs and accreditation,
- business schools' trends,
- curriculum development/evaluation,
- international students and faculty,
- internships, teaching methods,
- business school's sport faculty salaries, and alumni salaries.
With more than 300 Business Schools worldwide featuring sport business programs, the Alliance for Sport Business has been growing and continues to assist colleagues and the field of sport business education in this new era.