Instructions for completing the PLS online application
Complete the FREE application below for admission to Saint Joseph's University's College of Professional and Liberal Studies.
(NOTE: Students applying to Day Admissions or Graduate Programs should complete applications located on those division websites.)
STEP 2: Order Your Transcripts
Provide college/high school transcripts or GED test scores. If you are an applicant seeking an associate's or bachelor's degree or if you are seeking a certificate and you have not earned a bachelor's degree, you must obtain official transcripts from all previous colleges attended. If you have never attended college or have earned less than thirty college credits, you also need to provide evidence of a high school transcript or GED test scores.
If you are an applicant seeking a professional certificate and you have earned a bachelor's degree, you will need to provide official transcripts from the institution that you earned your degree as part of your application. Non-degree applicants or non-degree seeking students seeking individual credits will also need to provide official transcripts from previous institutions attended.
Please submit requests to each school, college or university attended to mail your official (sealed) transcripts directly to:
Saint Joseph's University
College of Professional and Liberal Studies
Barbelin Hall, Room 117
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Instructions for International Adult Students (Age 22 years or older)
International adult students will need to submit the following documentation to be considered for undergraduate admission:
- A $55.00 application processing fee (check or money order, may be paid on arrival)
- Official, certified transcripts from each high school and/or university previously attended (translated into English)
- An independent evaluation of high school and university transcripts (see below)
- Financial support statement written in English that indicates financial support (tuition and expenses) for the duration of your study. For more information on this statement, please see the international students page.
The College of Professional and Liberal Studies requires that all non-resident students for whom English is not a primary language to take and submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- TOEFL- If you are an international applicant, you must submit a minimum score of 550 for the paper version or 80 on the TOEFL internet based IBIT version. Please call 800-468-6335 to find a test center.
- International Accrediting Evaluation - International students are also required to submit all official, sealed secondary and post-secondary transcripts to a U.S. accrediting agency for evaluation and translation as well as submit official copies to PLS.
Please note that if you are an international student or have attended high school or college outside of the United States that you will be required to have your transcripts evaluated by an independent international credential evaluation service.
The American Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)and World Education Services (WES) provide international academic credit evaluations. Please contact AACRAO at 202-296-3359 or WES at 212-966-6311 (e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on contracting for their services. Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to provide third party evaluators such as AACRAO and WES all transcript and supporting documentation.
STEP 3: Contact us to verify the completion of your application and to schedule an interview
Contact PLS to arrange an admissions interview to discuss the status of your application and your educational career goals. You may schedule an appointment to speak with an admissions counselor in-person and over the phone. In-person interviews are strongly encouraged. Appointments are available Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 6:30 pm and Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Please contact the PLS Office to schedule your admissions interview (877-NITE-SJU).
Applications are accepted and processed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application at least one month prior to entry.
Credentials of students residing outside the United States must be received and evaluated at least 60 days before the term begins. If you have questions about the admission process or the status of your application, please call toll free 877-NITE-SJU.
To begin filling out the online application, please click here.