CRISIS MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE
Provide leadership when the unexpected happens. In times of crisis and panic, people look for a leader to step up and take charge in developing the best response. Being the one to provide stability to an otherwise unstable situation makes you an invaluable member of the team. This proves true in business, the public sector, and in government.
Is Crisis Management the right career for you? The field of Crisis Management is as varied as its practitioners. Professionals work in both the public and the private sector, with dynamic careers in healthcare, fire prevention, public safety, law enforcement, the sciences, the military and many more. What they all have in common is that they are highly skilled, well trained, dedicated and ready to rise to any challenge. Crisis management professionals need to think outside the box, communicate with authority, and lead with confidence.
If you can inspire that hope, remain unflappable when events seem to spiral out of control and become that leader, the Saint Joseph's University online Crisis Management Certificate program will prepare you to face the many challenges ahead. It will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to provide quick, effective and compassionate responses in emergencies, crisis and disaster situations.
Online Crisis Management Certificate Program. The SJU online certificate in Crisis Management will helpyou become a highly skilled and proactive leader that people know they can rely on during a crisis situation. This certificate is designed to provide you with the skills you need to identify, create, and execute the best possible responses to a wide range of emergencies and disasters.
Upon completion of this certificate you should be able to:
- Identify at least three (3) of the psychological impacts and effects of crisis events on care providers, first responders, and incident victims.
- Identify six (6) leadership styles and their associated competencies.
- List the strengths and weaknesses of three (3) leadership models.
- Identify the attributes of an effective risk communication message and create an affective message
- List the skills required from health care professionals needed to respond to a target audience without elevating fear and at the same time foster cooperation.
- Identify steps that parents can take to explain to children how medical conditions and illness can result from psychological issues.