International Student - Admissions Information - Professional and Liberal Studies
This information is for all academically qualified international students interested in earning an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree at Saint Joseph's University.
Credentials of all international students within the United States must be received at least 30 days before the intended start semester. Credentials of students residing outside the United States must be received and evaluated at least 60 days before the term begins. All international applicants must submit the following:
Original or certified copy of original transcript from each high school and university previously attended
- A certified copy is one that bears an original signature of the registrar or other designated school official, an original impression of the institution's seal or signature/seal of the examining board. Uncertified or notarized copies are not acceptable.
- Unofficial photocopies, fax copies, notarized copies of records and exams are not accepted.
- If a certified true copy of the official transcript is submitted at the time of application, the original transcript(s) must be presented upon arrival.
- Applicants must send secondary school academic records and all transcripts from all colleges and universities to WES (World Education Services, 800-937-3895), AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, 202-296-3359) or ECE (Education Credential Evaluations) for an official credit evaluation.
TOEFL - required of all non-native English speakers
- Minimum score: 550 PBT, 213 CBT, 80 IBT
- Test results must not be more than 2 years old
- Must be taken at official TOEFL testing center; institutional TOEFL not accepted.
- TOEFL may be waived on an individual basis for students submitted 30 transferable credits earned at an accredited US or English speaking college or university. Credits must include equivalency of ENG 101 and ENG 102.
- A student who completes ELS Language Center's Level 112 with a recommendation is not required to submit a TOEFL test score.
Applications cannot be considered until all academic records and evaluations have been received. No decisions can be made from incomplete files. Acceptance is based on academic performance. Attendance is dependent on compliance with all institutional and immigration policies.
For information regarding Financial Responsibility Documents, please visit the Center for International Programs.