Benefits of being in Honors Program
There are distinctive benefits attached to belonging to the SJU Honors Program:
- Team-taught courses allow distinguished faculty members to share their knowledge and expertise with students in a challenging academic environment.
- Individual honors courses stress a detailed and thorough scholarly exploration of different fields of knowledge.
- The student-faculty ratio in the Honors Program is 10:1.
- Honors students register ahead of other students in their year.
- Honors suites in the residence halls allow like-minded students to live together, even as freshmen.
- Honors students are provided with free tickets and transportation to concerts and performances by world-renowned institutions such as the Arden Theater Company, the Curtis Institute of Music, the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Pennsylvania Ballet, the Academy of Vocal Arts, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the Franklin Science Institute. Receptions, concerts and lectures are regularly sponsored by the Honors Program for Honors Students.
- Students have access to Claver House, a quiet retreat where honors students can study, work with personal computers and attend receptions.
- Students have opportunities to present research and creative work at national conferences and seminars; they are also kept informed about scholarship and funding opportunities for graduate and professional work.