Welcome communications Studies Majors!
Communication Studies majors are strongly recommended to purchase individual equipment and software that will be used throughout the courses of the major curriculum. People doing communications projects today are constantly on the go, and their equipment needs to move with them. Laptop computers provide this mobility, and the MacBook Pro 15-inch screen laptop works best with the software (Adobe Design Premium, Final Cut Express) used by creative people throughout the communications industry.
By purchasing a recommended bundle from the Saint Joseph's University Apple Store you can make sure you are getting the absolute best deal. All recommended systems are bundled with the 3 year AppleCare Protection Plan.
Ready to start shopping? Please Click on the Banner below and authenticate with your SJU Username and Password.
|Anouncement June 22, 2011 Communications Studies majors are not required to purchase a laptop. There is a recommended system on the Apple Custom Store for Communications Studies majors for those wishing to purchase a laptop.
Final Cut Pro X software is also recommended but not required. Students can purchase this software from Apple as a download after you receive your laptop.
- After clicking on the banner add above, you will be directed to the SJU Apple Store for Education (You will see the SJU Logo and Reccomended Systems)
- Click on Recommended Systems in the upper right corner of the page to see the SJU pre-configured systems.
- All SJU Recommended systems are bundled(À la carte) with the three-year AppleCare Protection Plan. This plan protects against hardware failure, but does not cover any accidental damage. Please note that this is needed in order receive support at the SJU Technology Service Center.
- The Apple Care Protection Plan enables the Student Technology Center to facilitate warranty hardware repairs (non-accidental) for you, and provide a comparable loaner for you in the event the system needs to be sent out to Apple for repairs.
- The Apple Care Protection Plan protects against hardware failure, but does NOT cover any accidental damage. Please look at our FAQs for insurance policies for accidental coverage.
- Since Apple does not offer accidental damage insurance, it is strongly recommended that all students bringing a Mac on campus look into purchasing accidental damage insurance from a third party.
Be sure to check out the newest Apple Promotions.
All SJU Recommended systems are bundled(À la carte) with popular computer accessories including the following:
- Laptop Backpack
- Combination Laptop Lock
- USB memory drive
- Ethernet Cable
- In addition, the bundle includes the three-year AppleCare Protection Plan. This plan protects against hardware failure, but does not cover any accidental damage. Please look at the FAQ link to find information on companies offering accidental damage coverage.