Participating Faculty Members
Updated for 2015
Dr. WaQar Ghani
My primary research areas of interest are: Corporate Social Responsibility, Forensic Accounting, Capital Market Research, & Economics of Regulation.
I will engage students--as many as three--in any of my six major on-going empirical research projects:
1. Sustainability reporting by companies that participate in the European Union Emissions Trading System;
2. Comparative examination of financial ratios by U.S. companies under IFRS and GAAP;
3. Extension of databases on climate change and sustainability disclosures by large domestic public companies;
4. Cybercrime financial disclosures by SEC registrants in the U.S. retail trade sector;
5. Analysis of alternative cash flow reporting models under SFAS 95; and
6. Comparative analysis of substitutable liquidity ratios among firms included in the S&P 500 index.
For all these projects, student tasks will include data collection, refinement, classification, and analysis.