Participating Faculty Members
Updated for 2013
I will engage students--as many as three--in any of my six major on-going empirical research projects:
1. Financial reporting of EU companies that participate in the Emissions Trading System;
2. Examining the use of default-risk premia in corporate bond issuance;
3. Consequences from adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in the Peoples Republic of China;
4. Climate change and sustainability disclosures by large domestic public companies;
5. Stock market reactions to hiring of corporate sustainability officers; and
6. Sources for alternative definitions of a direct tax after the U.S. Supreme Court decision in National Federation of Business v. Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services (the "Obamacare" decision).
For all these projects, student tasks will include data collection, refinement, and analysis.