1000 students a year are eligible for work-study jobs and approximately 350 take advantage of the opportunity.
Any department can have work-study students and there is no limit to the number of students they can employ. Essentially the student is providing their own salary (the government provides 75% and SJU makes up the other 25%).
Students can start a work-study job at any time. In general they pay $7.15 an hour and students are expected to work about 10 hours per week. Many jobs open up January. Some areas that are usually hiring lots of students are food marketing phone bank, athletics, the library, and others
For more information about work study please visit the Financial Aid Office website.