In the event of an explosion, follow these procedures to help assure your safety:
- Evacuate the building quickly and calmly.
- If items are falling off bookshelves or from the ceiling, take refuge under a sturdy table or desk.
- If there is a fire, stay low to the floor and exit the building quickly.
- If you are trapped in debris, tap on a pipe or wall so that rescuers can hear where you are.
- Assist others in exiting the building and move to your designated evacuation area.
- Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and responders.
- Do not attempt to rescue people who are inside a collapsed or compromised building unless you have received specific training to do so. Wait for emergency personnel to arrive.