Welcome to the 2012-2013 Academic Year at Saint Joseph's University. Please follow the steps below to ensure your Financial Aid will be available when the semester begins.
1. File the 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. Our federal school code is 003367.
2. Your aid eligibility will be calculated and available to accept online approximately seven business days after completing the FAFSA. Please log into your MySJU account to view and accept your aid.
To accept aid online via MySJU:
- Log into MySJU
- Select the School Services Tab
- Under Administrative Services, choose the Financial Aid Folder; Award Folder; Award by Aid Year
- Select the 2012-2013 Aid Year, if this is the first time you are logging into the 2012-2013 aid year, you are required to answer the Cash Management Statement.
- Once you answer and submit, the Award Offer tab will be available
- Select the Award Offer tab
- From here, please accept the desired aid and submit
- If you have questions, there is a comment box provided. Please type a message to your Financial Assistance Specialist and submit.
3. The maximum Federal Direct Stafford loan eligibility for graduate students is $20,500 per academic year. This may be part subsidized and part unsubsidized funds based on your FAFSA information.
4. The 2012-2013 budget is $60,000 for the fall and spring semesters; a breakdown of these costs is listed on mySJU. If you need to borrow additional funds and plan on using the Federal Direct Graduate Plus loan or an alternative loan, please forward the lender name and amount to the Financial Assistance Office once you have applied and credit is approved.
FEDERAL DIRECT STAFFORD AND GRADUATE PLUS LOAN INSTRUCTIONS
Please go to https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action and log into Manage my Direct Loan to complete the Entrance counseling and Federal Direct Stafford Master Promissory Note. The four digit pin number used to electronically sign your FAFSA will be your electronic signature. These online forms must be completed to receive Stafford funds even if you have a promissory note on file with a previous lender.
To apply for the Direct Lending Federal Graduate Plus Loan a separate Promissory Note must be completed at the same site. https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
For all approved loans, disbursements will be made to SJU the first week of each semester and refunds will be processed seven to ten business days after a credit appears.
Questions regarding Financial Aid for the Nurse Anesthesia Program should be directed to: