Use for articles and hard to find books.
- Log in using your SJU Username/Password. You must be a current student, faculty or staff member to use Interlibrary Loan. First-time ILLiad users will be required to register.
- There is no charge for Interlibrary Loan services unless the material is overdue, damaged, or lost.
- Users will be notified by e-mail when their requested material arrives and must come the library Service Desk with their valid SJU ID to pick up their requested material. Return all Interlibrary Loan items at the library Service Desk.
- Required text books and items available at the library are not permitted to be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
What you should do before ordering ARTICLES:
Search to see if the journal is available at the library or online.
What you should do before ordering a BOOK or other material (DVD, audio book, dissertation, etc.):
Check The Library Catalog to determine that the book is not available at our Library.
Average Turnaround Time:
Requests submitted on the weekend will not be processed until Monday.
Articles: 2-5 business days
Books: Allow at least a week, although some books may come in more quickly or slowly.
Renewal policies depend on the lending library. Renewal requests may be submitted no more than 7 days prior to the due date.
To renew an E-ZBorrow item:
- Log in to your library account to view the items you currently have checked out.
- Check the renew box on the left and click Renew Selected.
To renew an ILLiad item:
- Log onto ILLiad and select "View Checked Out Items."
- Locate the title of the item you want to renew and select its transaction number.
- If renewal requests are allowed, “Request Renewal” will display at the top of the request record.
- You will be issued a temporary due date. Check ILLiad in 1-3 days to view your new due date.
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified by law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be 'used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.' If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of 'fair use,' that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
For information on Copyright issues please refer to the SJU Drexel Library Copyright Policy & Guide.
For questions about ILLiad, E-ZBorrow, and Interlibrary Loan, please contact the ILL staff directly:
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Francis A. Drexel Library