Creating Persistent Links to E-Journals by Subject
- Go to the Library Home page and click on the link "E-Journals
- Click on the "Subject" tab
- If you are interested in capturing the broader category on the left, and allowing the users to select a "Subcategory" to search, simply capture the URL and go on to step 5.
- If you are interested in capturing one of the "Subcategories" on the right:
- click on a subcategory and click on the go button
- capture the URL on the resulting page and go on to step 5.
- Final Important Steps:
Access to the persistent link for most journals available electronically is restricted to currently registered SJU students, faculty and staff. SJU users on campus will require no additional validation. However, faculty who use these links in their Blackboard site, eCollege site or on their syllabus MUST alter the link so that the Proxy Server authentication will be triggered when a student clicks on the link.
- remove the partial reference to our proxy server from the domain of the URL:.ezproxy.sju.edu
- prepend the resulting link with the following:http://ezproxy.sju.edu/login?url=
Last revision / review: May 29, 2012