- Please contact us at least one week in advance. Instruction sessions take time for librarians to design and develop.
- We usually host instruction sessions in the Library Instruction Lab located on the first floor of the Drexel Library, which is equipped with 24 desktop computers, and so allows for individual, active searching. If this room is already booked during the time for which you would like to schedule your session, we may ask you to consider other dates.
- We're happy to give orientations to the Library for students in their first year, but instruction is more effective if they have a specific assignment with a research component. If you're not sure how to design an effective research assignment, let us know and we can help with that as well.
- For research assignments, schedule an instruction session at the right time: after students have been introduced to the assignment and have their topic, and before they begin writing. This will make the session much more relevant for them.
- We like to know as much as possible about the assignment that students have and the larger context of the course in which it is required. When inquiring about instruction, please include your syllabus and an explanation of the assignment (attach it to an e-mail, or drop it off in person).
For instruction requests, contact:
Library Instruction and Outreach Specialist
your department's liaison directly.
Last revision / review: August 20, 2013