Last revision / review: September 16, 2014
What are Reserves?
Course Reserves are materials that your instructors have requested the Library make available for your entire class. These materials might be books, book chapters or articles contained in books, journal articles, movies, music or computer software. Some of the items may be electronic reserves, also known as "e-Reserves." E-Reserves are available online from any computer, but due to copyright restrictions, access to most items will require that you log in using your SJU Username/Password.
Are there Course Reserves for my class? How do I access them?
Click on the links above to locate reserves by either searching with the Instructor's last name or with the Course Name or Number.
When materials are available for your Professor/Class, the list of items "on reserve" will appear:
- "ON RESERVE" -- print copies available by coming to the front Service Desk of the Library and "checking" them out using your SJU ID. Reserve materials circulate either in-house only or for overnight, one day, or three day loan periods according to the parameters requested by the faculty member.
- "ELECTRONIC COPY AVAILABLE" -- accessible by clicking on the linked title and logging in with your SJU Username/Password.
Instructors or departments may place items on Reserve in the Library, subject to Fair Use and copyright restrictions.
- Items may include photocopies of journal articles and book chapters, homework solutions, sample exams, videotapes, textbooks, personal books, library books, CDs, software, or other items.
- Borrowing periods for materials are: Room Reserve (In-Library only), Overnight, 3-day, and 7-day.
Arrange for PRINT materials to be placed on Reserve by doing one of the following:
- Order PRINT materials to be put on Reserve using our Online Order Form.
- Order using a (Word Document) form, fill in the form electronically, save it, and send it as an email attachment to Martha VanAuken (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Open the form (a Word Document) and print it out as a paper copy. Fill in the form and deliver it in person or send it via campus mail to Martha
- Contact Martha (email@example.com) (610-660-1900) at the Service Desk and she will fill in the form for you.
For ELECTRONIC Reserves:
Please contact our Instruction & Outreach Librarian, Stephanie Riley(firstname.lastname@example.org) .
If the Library does not own items needed for Reserve, please contact:
Associate Director for Resources Management
Saint Joseph's University