How you can help
- It is a documented fact that 41 paces is the most someone will walk to recycle.
Recycling one aluminum can save enough electricity to run a TV for three hours.
Americans go through 2.5 million plastic bottles every HOUR.
- The SJU Community consumed 2,265,000 2 ply napkins in one academic year. That equals 6.4 napkins used everyday by every individual (faculty, staff and student) on campus. Do you take more then you use and dispose of the rest? Think about it, cut down your consumption and make a difference!
EASY Green Resolutions for the New Year:
Walk or bicycle at least one car errand weekly
Buy recycled products
Turn off the shower while you soap, turn off the water while you brush your teeth and shave to save energy
Before throwing news papers or magazines away, see if anyone else would like to read them and give them away
Go meatless, one meal, one day a week
Please remember, if you throw non-recyclable material in a recycling bin, someone has to separate it by hand, or the whole bag is deemed contaminated and becomes trash. What a waste!!
- Purchase a canvas bag. Plastic shopping bags create unnecessary waste.
- Use a mug or stainless steel, reusable Nalgene bottle for beverages.
- Unplug your cell phone charger when exiting your vehicle.
- To save on paper, print double sided (duplex). This is a savings for you and a savings for the environment!
REUSE, REDUCE, RECYCLE, please!