After the Interview
Now that your interview has ended, follow these steps to ensure successful completion of the interviewing process:
- Take notes directly after the interview and use them to remind you about what was discussed in the interview.
- Promptly e-mail or send a thank you letter to the interviewer(s), emphasizing your interest in the position and your qualifications as well as touching on one specific thing (from your notes) that you appreciated learning.
- Review your interview performance and consider any modifications for future interviews.
- If you receive an offer, take time to evaluate and negotiate it (if necessary).
- If you do receive and accept an offer, inform and thank those people who helped you in the process. If you do not receive an offer, you might consider reaching out to the interviewer or human resources contact to identify ways you could have strengthened your candidacy.