What is a resume?
A resume is a personalized statement that documents your competencies, accomplishments, skills, abilities and future capabilities. It is a focused statement used to highlight your knowledge, skills, abilities, educational and experiential background as these characteristics relate to particular jobs/fields that are of interest to you. To do this effectively you may decide to have more than one version of your resume, especially if you have varied career interests.
The resume is an essential tool in acquiring a job or internship. Additionally, many graduate programs require applicants to submit a resume.
Now that you have watched the video, read the Career Development's Guide To Writing A Resume.
- Resume Sample 1 - General (.pdf)
- Resume Sample 2 - General (.pdf)
- Resume Sample 3 - Internship (.pdf)
- Resume Sample 4 - Experienced General (.pdf)
- Resume Sample 5 - Functional (.pdf)
- Martha Mandeville - General
- Beatrice Barbelin - General
- Charles Campion - w/ Master's
- Carlos Claver - Student Leader, Study Abroad
- Sarah Simpson - Education Major
- Joseph Overbrook - Resident Assistant
- Steven Sourin - Experienced Functional
- Michael McShain - Experienced General
- Regina Regis - Experienced General
- Patricia Post - New Grad
- Curriculum Vitae - Template
- Co-op Resume Sample