A resume is a personalized statement that documents your competencies, accomplishments, skills, abilities and future capabilities. It is a focused statement used to highlight your knowledge, skills, abilities, educational and experiential background as these characteristics relate to particular jobs/fields that are of interest to you. To do this effectively you may decide to have more than one version of your resume, especially if you have varied career interests.
The resume is an essential tool in acquiring a job or internship. Additionally, many graduate programs require applicants to submit a resume.
Now that you have watched the video, read the Career Development's Guide To Writing A Resume.
- Sample Freshman resume
- Sample Internship resume
- Sample Graduating Senior CAS resume
- Sample Graduating Senior Haub resume
- Sample Graduating Senior with prior career resume
- Sample Graduate Student (CAS) resume
- Sample Graduate Student (Haub) resume
- Sample Experienced Professional resume
- Sample Functional resume
For major specific resume samples, please refer to our Major Overview Sheets