Interested in making your mark at SJU? Want to develop leadership skills and marketable resume experience? Want to make a difference in the SJU residential community? If you answered "YES!" to any of these questions, the Resident Assistant experience might be for you!
We hope that you are interested in joining our RA team! In order to become a RA candidate for the 2015-2016 academic year, students must complete the following:
1. Information Session Interested students must attend an information session to begin the RA application process. Info sessions are scheduled at the following dates and times:
Wednesday, December 3rd @ 9:30pm, Mandeville Teletorium
Thursday, December 4th @ 11:00 am, Campion Forum Theater
Tuesday, January 20th @ 5:30 pm, Campion North Banquet Hall
Thursday, January 22nd @ 11:00am, Campion North Banquet Hall
2. Application RA Applications will be available electronically on MySJU December 1st through January 23rd. Completed applications, including recommendation forms, must be received by 5pm, January 23, 2015. Our application is available here: RA Application
3. RA Seminar The first part of the RA Interview process will take place through the course of 2"RA Seminars", held over the course of two weeks. The Seminars will allow applicants to learn about the RA position, while demonstrating their qualifications and allowing the Residence Life staff to see what each applicant can bring to a Resident Assistant position. Participation in the RA Seminar is a requirement of the selection process and does not guarantee a Resident Assistant position. Candidates can select seminar times during their completion of the RA Application.
4. Individual Interview RA Applicants will participate in one individual interview. The individual interview is a chance to answer & ask questions in a smaller setting with a member of the Residence Life professional staff & at least one current RA. Candidates can select individual interview times during their completion of the RA Application.
5. Recommendation Form Applicants must provide one recommendation. The recommendation may be completed by a member of the Saint Joseph's University Community or by someone else who can speak to your work ethic and leadership ability. Please note that RAMs/RHMs may not be used for recommendations. Recommendations must be received by the Office of Residence Life by January 23rd at 5pm. Click here for the Recommendation Form.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our RA team!
We hope to meet you through the RA selection process!