Interested in making your mark at SJU? Want to develop leadership skills and marketable resume experience? Want to make a difference in the SJU residential community? If you answered "YES!" to any of these questions, the Resident Assistant experience might be for you!
We hope that you are interested in joining our RA team! In order to become a RA candidate for the 2013-2014 academic year, students must complete the following:
1. Information Session Interested students should attend an information session to begin the RA application process. Info sessions are scheduled at the following dates and times:
Tuesday, December 4th @ 5:30pm, North Lounge
Wednesday, December 5th @ 7pm, Moore Hall, CDC Conference Room
Thursday, December 6th @ 11:30am, Forum Theater
Tuesday, January 15th @ 11:30am, Forum Theater
Thursday, January 17th @ 5:30pm, Forum Theater
2. Application RA Applications will be available electronically on MySJU December 10th through January 22nd. Completed applications, including recommendation forms, must be received by 5pm, January 22, 2013.
3. RA Seminar The first part of the RA Interview process will take place through the course of 2"RA Seminars", held over the course of two weeks. The Seminars will allow applicants to learn about the RA position, while demonstrating their qualifications and allowing the Residence Life staff to see what each applicant can bring to a Resident Assistant position. Participation in the RA Seminar is a requirement of the selection process and does not guarantee a Resident Assistant position. Seminar times will be determined based on the participants' schedules and as selected by the candidate after completing the application. (Upon completing the RA Application on MySJU, applicants will receive an e-mail prompting them to register online for a seminar time.)
4. Individual Interview RA Applicants will participate in one individual interview. The individual interview is a chance to answer & ask questions in a smaller setting with a member of the Residence Life professional staff & at least one current RA. (Upon completing the RA Application on MySJU, applicants will receive an e-mail prompting them to register online for an Individual Interview time.)
5. Recommendation Forms Applicants must provide two Recommendations. The first recommendation must be from a member of the Saint Joseph's University Community. This can include a faculty member, administrator, Resident Assistant, Coach, Club Advisor, etc. Please note that RAMs/RHMs may not be used for recommendations. The second recommendation may come from a person of your choice. If you choose someone from outside of the University community, that person must have worked with you directly in a position of responsibility or leadership.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our RA team!
We hope to meet you through the RA selection process!